domingo, 23 de octubre de 2011



Steve Jobs' biological father livid with 'media trying to explore father-son relations'

ABU DHABI: Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' biological father, Abdul Fattah Jandali, is tired of the media's interference in his life and has said that media persons are continuously poking at all his private affairs to explore his relationships with his son. 

Jandali, who is struggling mentally to cope with the loss of his son, has now reached a point where he does not wish to discuss the personal issue of his son any more, and rues the fact of the media trying its best to exploit it. 

"I'm really upset at how the media are invading my life and interfering in all my issues. I know that Steve was famous to the world, but for me he is just my son. Steve is dead now, may his soul rest in peace. I pray that Almighty Allah forgives him," Gulf news quoted Jandali, as saying. 

In one incident, Jandali was approached by a well known newspaper from the UK who phoned to interview him about his relationship with Steve. 

They later published an interview without his knowledge and consent. 

"I recently received a phone call from London and I did not know who I was speaking to. They asked me about my son while recording my phone call without informing me. They later printed the entire conversation in the newspaper," he said. 

Jandali, who came from a wealthy Syrian family of landowners, was studying for a PhD in Political Science at the University of Wisconsin where he met Jobs' mother. 

The couple broke up as Jandali could not face a conservative society back home in Syria with the burden of an illegitimate child. 

Jandali, who is weighed down with sorrow at the loss of his son, said that he was the 'victim of circumstances' and he never intended to abandon Steve. 

"No one feels the way I feel about my son. Steve is my son and I did not intend to abandon him. I was a victim of circumstances. All I can say now is that God bless his soul," he said.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario